Well here I sit with laryngitiss for the 3rd day. I will admit our house is much quieter when I have no voice.
I've been thinking a lot. What else can you do with a virus, sinus infection, and laryngitis? Do I really make so much "noise"? Do I yell that much? You see, I come from a family of yellers, it is what we do to get any point across or to be heard above all others.
I admit I yell out of frustration, to be heard, to vent, and to get my point (my right point) across.
Do I want to pass that on to my child?
My hubby has said many times, "just break the cycle"...
Boy, easier said than done. It has taken 44 years to create this habit, this characteristic, this trait, this unflattering trait.
So now it is going to take time to suck it up, suck it in, and clamp it shut!
It is easier to tame a tiger than our tongue. I know.
ReplyDelete