My year and 2 month hiatus of being a SAHM ends officially on Jan. 9th. I feel a bittersweet happiness at securing a new position. I will be going back out into the field for a very large Insurance corporation. I'll be working with independent insurance agents helping them grow their business with me as well as themselves.
It has been a journey! When I was laid off I wasn't sure how staying at home would be. I was sure I'd find another position in a couple months! I learned a lot about me - some good and some not so good. I learned I am a good mom and I do love staying home with my girlie. I hope I grew in spirit as God's hand has been the director and I can feel his guidance a lot of the time.
So why is it bittersweet you wonder? First, I've gotten used to being home and love the pace involved with a wonderful 3 1/2 year old. Time just ebbs and flows. We do what we want in the confines of our routine. Second, how will I ever have time to read, read, read???? Third, it has been a few years since I've been out in the field SELLING on a daily basis - wonder how rusty I am? Last, the working mom's guilt is back!
There is a bright side to this. I will return to that place I know so well in my industry - a place I have missed. I've worked and been single longer than I've been married and a mom. Goals my husband I set when we married almost 5 years ago will get back on track. My Unka Bunka is very and I mean very excited to go back to her daycare and play with her friends. My schedule will be flexible and what I make of it to get the job done.
So now dear readers my perspective will change. My blog might take on another voice. Change is good, right?
P.S. I should probably change the about me, right?
Nah, keep the "About Me." ;-D
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!