"Hi Jesus, thank you for my Gaga."
My daughter said this as we drove by our Church the other day. I thought it was cute and a testament to her relationship with Jesus and her Gaga.
I haven't been able to get this simple but powerful statement off my mind. In my prayer group we've been studying St. Therese - the little flower. She had the faith of a child her whole life - she trusted God completely. Can any of us say that?
I look at my almost 3 year old and wonder about her faith. I hope I've planted the seed. I'm excited to watch it grow. I don't want to discourage her wonder, the seeking of truth, or her simple love of Jesus. Not that she really "gets" who Jesus is beside the pictures she sees. She does think our Priest is Jesus a lot of the time. What she does understand is that HE is special and deserves thanks. Really, at this point could I ask for more?
I've been keeping a journal (paper and on here) working towards my 1000 Thanksgivings. The challenge came from the Ann Voskamp book, "One Thousand Gifts". You should read it! The focus of your life becomes positive rather than negative.
What about a thanksgiving journal for an almost 3 year old?
I know what her first entry would be: "Thank you Jesus for my Gaga". The next might be about peanut butter or Ellie the elephant. Could I use this to teach my daughter about seeing the good amidst the evil in the world?
What do you all think? Let me know and you may just see another link to Unka Bunka's 1000 Thanksgiving's very soon!
I think that would be an awesome idea. Ann Voskamp actually encourages us to share the Thanksgiving journey with our family. Let our husband and children join in the "hunt" to find gifts. I hope to start this with my son. Who knows, maybe my hubby will join in too???
ReplyDelete