Thursday, February 10, 2011

42 Days later...how am I measuring up???

Well here we go again! It has just been about 42 days since I challenged myself to stick to my resolutions. At 21 days I was doing pretty good. Although, one area was a bigger challenge than the rest. Let's see how I'm doing in my 3 resolutions to change for the better!

Lighten up and stop taking things so seriously and personally.
  • I think I'm the same as 21 days ago. Although, I recognize much quicker when I'm taking something too personally or seriously and correct myself. This is a major improvement.
  • Having the plan has helped me come to terms with not having a job. Now the struggle to understand is the fact I don't really want to go back to work!
Develop more patience with God's help - and boy do I need his help!
  • I'm still not doing very well here. Maybe I should actually pray for guidance and more patience! What a novel idea!
  • I am still reading the incredible blog:  http://www.aholyexperience.com/  It does help me not feel so "evil" and "bad".
  • I am reading the blog author's book:  "One Thousand Gifts". What an awesome book! I've started my own list of 1000 gifts and hope to see God soon in the list. Right now it is just a list but it makes me happy to see all my "gifts". I will post a link soon to my list.
Not dwell on the negative side.
  • I'm still doing pretty darn good here. I continue to "chew" less on the negatives that pop up. Sometimes I wonder if I don't spend any time on those issues and am burying my head in the sand. Kind of a "Pollyanna" syndrome? - really is that sooo bad?
  • My mood is still good even without a job or any prospects for a job. Don't laugh but my goal for the next 2 months is to cut our grocery bill by a third! Here is my theory:  If I cut enough off our groceries maybe I can continue to stay home and get little one in pre school in the fall!
So where will I stand on my resolutions by the end of March 2011? Where are you in fulfilling your resolutions? Did you make any?

How will I sustain my resolutions for the rest of the year? I've been thinking that I'm going to have to be accountable to someone so it will be all of you! If I report each month how I'm doing maybe I can change my bad habits for good!

Don't forget to pray for conversion of heart, mind and soul! God loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment