Saturday, February 12, 2011

D.O.W. - Day of Wallowing...

Wallowing is something I am embarrassed to admit I am pretty good at. Those of you who know me have seen it first hand. Today I woke up wallowing in my "woe is me pity party".

It began with our teenager - need I say more? The day just went downhill. My gratitude journal sat on the kitchen counter unopened and no pen in sight. I lost my cool more than once. I was not looking forward to a K of C dinner. The devil had a hold of me.

That is the funny thing about the devil. He looks for your smallest weakness, finds his opening, and takes up shop. I tried to fight him by reading my 1000 gifts book but grumpy guss would not leave. I prayed and still nothing.

What worked? What always works. We went to evening Mass before our dinner. What a surprise when I looked up and saw our Priest from Watertown filling in! We had not seen him since he retired right before my little one was born.

I felt like weights were being lifted off me one at a time during Mass. Isn't it funny how God works when you open your heart? Dinner was wonderful and our teenager was well behaved and thankful! Could I ask for more? No, it was a beautiful end to a less than perfect day.

No comments:

Post a Comment