Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What I want to be when I grow up!

I've been thinking a lot about what to do with my life. Not that taking care of A isn't a full time job - it is! With more time on my hands has come a need to "figure things out". Some have told me that I have too much time on my hands and need to chill out.

Being a wife and a mother are fulfilling and should be all I need, right? Should is the operative word. Most of the time it is - really! I have been pretty content these past 2 months. Sound odd for me? I would have thought so too a few years ago. I thought "my" career was so important. That "my" wants and "my" needs should be first - always.

Newsflash to me:  When I don't put myself first I am happier. Hasn't that been a bitter pill to swallow? Sometimes, but mainly more of a revelation. One that fits right in with my New Year's resolutions. I'll comment on my progress after the 21 days have past.

Cooking has become a creative outlet. One where I don't mind cleaning up my mess. I know, scary! It is also a source of joy. I make others happy thereby I am happy.

I play ball with A - we call it "Huskerrrrrrr". Nope, no idea why she started to call a simple game of catch that!

Now, hold on to your seats...cleaning is becoming cathartic! "Gasp" I know, I know. Who am I and what did I do with Tina? I find myself going overboard sometimes in the quest for cleanliness in certain areas. To calm some of you down (no trips to the ER please) I still detest cleaning the toilet and tub. However, my kitchen is cleaner than it ever has been. To shock some of you further...I rather like dusting!

I won't kid you all, I do get bored. My hubby says "boring people are boring". If you want to really rile me up tell me that one! My dad taught me there is a good bored and a bad bored. The bad bored gets you into trouble. The good bored can be relaxing. I've experienced both of these in the past 2 months. The bad bored usually makes for stressful family time. The good bored produces wonderful smells from the kitchen. No I'm not kidding.

So have I "found myself" as a ummm "homemaker"? You tell me. I'm not sure yet but I'm willing to take a few more months to figure this out!

No comments:

Post a Comment