Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years Eve

Here we are on New Years Eve morning and it is a blizzard outside. Miss A and I are in the basement listening to music. She is playing nicely with her play dough and I'm on the computer.


Are you wondering what my resolutions are? My standard one is to lose weight and work out! That is a daily affirmation I need to make. However, I don't think it is quite right for a "resolution". This year I am turning inward to develop better habits. Instead of just saying what I want to change I am going to write them down. What is written down can be measured and will get done - at least that is what all the management books say!

Here are the 3 things I am going to work on in 2011:
  1. Lighten up and stop taking everything so seriously and personally.
  2. Develop more patience with God's help - and boy do I need his help!
  3. Not dwell on the negative side.
It is about time I actually reflect and "firmly resolve" to change my ways. 21 days from now I hope to be well on my way to new and improved inward habits.

Remind me often to work on the outside too. I started day 1 back at the gym yesterday after a 2 month hiatus. Really, I am not working so what is stopping me? ME! I am in my own way as usual. I will go again tomorrow since the weather this morning prevented me. 21 days from now this should be the habit it was 4 years ago before I became a married woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment