Friday, January 21, 2011

21 Days Later...

Well, its 21 days since I started my three resolutions. Lets see how I have been doing:

  • Lighten up and stop taking everything so seriously and personally.
    • I think my hubby would attest that I have lightened up some! Success!!!
    • I sat down and thought about my blessings. Especially, the time I have with Miss A now that I am unemployed.
    • Hubby and I also had a talk about where to go from here so I also feel we have a plan of action and are on the same page.
    • I don't feel guilty or in a rush to find another job just to have one. I have the luxury of waiting for the right one, at the right pay, and one that works for our family.
  • Develop more patience with God's help - and boy do I need his help!
    • Here is where I am not making the quickest progress - go figure!
    • Some days I am more patient than others. I like myself on those days.
    • I think I need to "let go, and let God" on most days. Plus didn't I receive an email this week that we give God a laugh when we make plans? He must be busting a gut about me!
    • My new "strategy" to be more patient is to read this incredible new blog from a mother with 6 kids and a great spirit. Learn from her and set aside time each morning for reflection, reading or whatever spiritually I need.
  • Not dwell on the negative side.
    • Making progress here. I think my hubby notices I'm not "chewing" on negatives as much as I was before the new year.
    • I am in a much better mood just letting more of the little things go. I thought I had already been doing that but there was much more to go!
So here I am 21 days later and hope some of this is turning into a habit. I'm not perfect and will backslide. So, in 21 days again I'll update you on my progress. How are YOU doing with your resolutions or things you want to change in your life? Have you left bad things behind to focus on good or on God?

The one thought I want to leave you all with is this. Making others happy makes YOU happy every time. It is a guarantee. When I give I get blessings in return. When I find little things that make each person in my family smile, I feel better than if I had received diamonds -yes seriously. That is a habit I hope to continue these next 21 days.

Peace & love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment