I have a lot of work to do on me and not just giving up desserts and candy. By the way had my last treat last night so I don't shock my system Wednesday - a DQ Snickers Blizzard. Somehow it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. Interesting.
Not only will I be sacrificing to Jesus my new love of sweets and the cravings that I won't be satisfying but my time will be spent on more meaningful activities. No, not giving up TV that would be silly since I don't watch enough to give up!
What I will be doing more of this Lent is praying, praying, praying. When it rains it pours in my realm. I will be praying for:
- A family member in the hospital and rehab & the ones taking care of him
- A friend who will have a life-changing decision handed to her on Ash Wednesday
- A friend going through a scary health issue
- A friend struggling through a tough time in her life
This is what my Lent is about - YOU. In all of YOU is the face of Jesus and how could I not focus on YOU rather than me.
No comments:
Post a Comment