Our anniversary is in a couple of days. 5 years ago I married a most wonderful man. With him came a very sweet boy who is now a man.
As I reflect on us, I can see my faults glaring at me and his faults not so much. I hope in the next 5 years I can be a better wife to him. I hope I lift him up more than the complaining I sometimes do. I hope I love him like the Lord does. I hope I continue to respect him and all that makes up who he is today.
I won't lie. I am truly blessed and lucky to have found this man. I have St. Theresa to thank for all of this. I prayed to her for a couple years for a sign, for a husband, for my own family. I went a long time alone and was fine with it. Then one day, I woke up - literally - and knew I was meant for more. That more included my own family as well as my faith.
St. Theresa has never failed me. The "Little Flower" showed me with a red rose who was to be my husband.
I prayed to St. Theresa and God that we would have a baby even at our age...and we did. I have the wonderful Unka Bunka along with my inherited now adult son. Does life get much better? Yes, every day through trials and success's ...life just gets better.
On the eve of my anniversary what advice do I offer? Falling in love is the easy part. It is choosing to love and stay committed each day, even when you don't want to, that is the hardest and most rewarding work in a marriage. In today's world, I think many are in love with the "being in love" and all the emotional rush around it. When it is over, and it does end, they think they are "out of love". That is where they usually split and divorce. It is sad. They are missing the best part of marriage, the work.
With hard work, there are great rewards. I hope to work hard these next 5 years!
Marriage is the union of 2 good forgivers! May you have many more years of happiness together!
ReplyDelete