If you do or don't know me very well I have big ideas a lot of the time. Where I fail is in the execution. In my ideal world, I would come up with all the great ideas and the plans to implement them. I would be the "director" and then there would be "people" that would do the real work.
Well....
This time I had the cutest little 3 year old asking, "when, when, when mama?"
How do I not follow through with this project?
How could I disappoint her?
What if it turns out ugly?
What if it doesn't work?
What if, what if, what if...
What will the neighbors think?
In reality, it only matters what my girlie thinks!
She looks pretty happy!
So in the end, mom conceived and completed a project with the help of her girlie.
A closer look at my crafty idea for a "Better Homes & Garden" style pumpkin...
I also have big ideas for my spiritual life - do you?
How often do you "follow through" with your spiritual goals?
I try and sometimes I succeed but many times I don't measure up.
I think it is time to stop feeling bad, beating myself up and just try again because with Jesus all things are possible even for an idealist like me!
I think you measured up just fine here. You made time to do a project with your child, and in the end that's all that matters.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, I LOVE your pumpkin. :-D
Oh! I was finally able to subscribe to your blog. YAY!
ReplyDeleteNice arrangement!
ReplyDelete