Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Heat wave & Summer Fun

Hello all it has been a while since I've posted. No, I haven't got a job yet - darn it! I was lucky to spend over a week in my hometown - partly planned and partly unplanned. You see, while our new roof was being put on a freak storm came up and dumped 4-5 inches of rain in a few hours. There was no time to tarp the roof. I was caught in the storm with Unka Bunka and we had to pull over at an exit for a 1/2 hour.

Unfortunately, the house got pretty wet. Suffice it to say that I came home to every pot, pan, Tupperware, cooler, and pail being filled with water. Even my nice towels were being used. Only the kitchen survived with no water. We even had water coming out of ceiling fans and light fixtures! What a mess.

So my hubby sent me and Unka for a visit to my hometown with all my friends. I was lucky enough to stay at the homes of two great friends. During our stay Annicka became enamored with a certain kitty named Jerath.


However she was not that enamored with Nova who I've always called "The Evil One" even though she has mellowed.



To thank the owner of the kitties, and my oldest and dearest friend, I took all of us for pedicures. No not the cats! Annicka thought this was the "bestest thing ever mommy"!








So there you have it our first Pedicures together!

Life continues to be fun. They removed all the insulation from the attics because it was ruined with the water. We are in the middle of a heat wave so most of the cool air in the house goes up, up, and out of the house! Today is the worst so far, 80 degrees in the house but it is going to be 95 degrees outside. Thankfully, we have fans and a fairly cool basement. God is good to us as we wait for a break in the heat so our new insulation can be installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment