Unka Bunka got her big girl bed yesterday - thank you to a friend for it! She has been "practicing" sleeping in our bed on and off during the day this past week. She gets "snug as rug in bug" - for those of you who don't speak Unka it should be "snug as a bug in a rug".
She even helped us pick out her comforter - lots of big pink, orange, and yellow flowers. Hot pink sheets to complete her "look"! Went into the local discount store to get a waterproof mattress pad - $39.99 and there wasn't even plastic on the back of it. So I broke down and ordered a one piece pad just like we have in her crib for only $12 at Wally World. Not thrilled but I just can't beat the savings. No nappies on the big girl bed till later in the week!
Last night, we put her to bed late at 9pm and she was still up at 11pm playing in her room! Then, she got up way early at 6am and sang to us from her room. She normally gets up 2 hours later than that! I hope this isn't a trend.
Ah yes, I remember our son's first ever "real" bed. He loved it. Now, he's got this neat bed that has a rather large play area underneath....the "Little Boy Cave", as I like to call it.
ReplyDeleteGlad she likes it and she has a perfect place for her dolls close at hand to snuggle with! Pretty in pink!
ReplyDeleteAnother big step in her little life! Hang on for the ride!
Love the comforter! :-D
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Unka Bunka!