Sunday, June 12, 2011

Rainy Sunday

We are having a beautiful, light rainy start to our week here in South Dakota. The grass is the perfect shade of medium green. No dandelions in sight - at least not in our yard! The trees that provide shade for our lawn and home open like a large leafy umbrella. My container flower garden is growing and flowing with colors of deep purple, bright yellow, striking pink and a little white. Our garden was planted last week and the radishes are pushing their way up from the ground.

Since we went to Mass yesterday evening, we were allowed to sleep in by Miss A till 8am. I love mornings getting her out of bed, but only when she calls "Mama, mama...I'm readyyyyyyy".  Daddy surprised her this morning and got her up and into the bathroom for potty. I listen to the familiar sound and hear Daddy tell her "good girl". Then, I hear them sneak down the stairs not so quietly, because how quiet can an almost 3-year old girlie be????

Next I hear them talking about breakfast since Miss A is always ravenous when she wakes up. Daddy is making breakfast. That is his specialty on the weekends. Mommy is not a good breakfast maker unless it is toast!  It is decided we are a "pan-a-cake house"!

I've now decided that I can't sleep anymore when my dear hubby is cooking in my kitchen. That is the control freak in me! Plus, more than 7 hours in bed and my neck/back hurt. I decide to go ahead get up, make the bed, and get my shower on! What a treat - no one is pulling on me, asking for me, peeking at me, or generally irritating me in the morning. That is not hard to do! I shower quickly in peace and quiet. I owe that bit of thanks to Daddy who put on the babysitter for once - Sponge Bob - not the most wholesome of shows but he likes it. Then they decide to watch the Stooges instead because Miss A likes Curly.

I can smell the bacon cooking. I go get my morning hug from my snuggler - no not Miss A but Daddy! Miss A ignores me because she can see Curly! I run down the stairs, fluff the clothes in the dryer from last night, check my email, check FB , and then am called to delicious breakfast.

Daddy surprises us with Blueberry Buckwheat Pancakes and thick, juicy bacon! Yummmm. Top off the cakes with low sugar Syrup and we are all in heaven. As usual, I clean up after the breakfast of champions has been savored by all.

Now Miss A has her BLUE BALLOON from Hubby's aunt's 75th Birthday Party yesterday. She is seriously in love with this balloon! I only get concerned when it is hanging out on the ceiling precariously close to the ceiling fan. I am not kidding here folks. She is hugging it, rolling on the floor & couch with it, kissing it, petting it, and talking to it like one of her stuffed animals. She is worried she can't hold onto it and her favorite blanky at the same time. She is looking very cute and she dances with it around the room singing, "We're off to see the Wizard..."

No comments:

Post a Comment