Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Junky July of Horror

Wow, what a wild ride July has been! We hope it is one to never be repeated! Our house is still torn up because it is too hot to put the insulation in the attic. I guess they haven't seen our electric bill that we think it is just peachy!

Here is a recap of our Junky July of Horror!
  • Water in every room of the house but 2 when a freak rainstorm popped up as the roof was torn off.
  • No insulation in our attic & very high electric bills to keep the house livable.
  • Ridiculously high electric bill...oh did I already mention this?
  • Brakes go out in hubby's truck while I am out of town so he has to hoof it in 100 degree heat.
  • A/C goes out in 90-100 degree heat for days.
  • Coffee pot stops working (only a hubby crisis I get my caffeine elsewhere)
  • Once again I don't get a job where I am 1 of 2 final candidates
On the flip side I was able to have an extended visit to my hometown for 10 days! Then when we got home Unka & I "camped" at GaGa's for a few nights!!

What have I learned through all this?
  • Patience is a virtue that I need to work harder to achieve
  • Unka adapts pretty well
  • I still hate earwigs
  • God always provides but not when I want him too!
  • My marriage is pretty strong to survive not being together 1/2 the month and then through all the trials and temper tantrums (induced by heat, of course)
  • Home is where your family is not the house you live in or how nice it is
  • I have great friends back home and here in town
So goodbye July can't say we'll miss you at all!!! Yes, I know there are still 5 days left...hopefully nothing else will go wrong!!

No comments:

Post a Comment