Monday, April 18, 2011

I love my sleep number bed!

No this post isn't about my sleep number bed and my attraction to it! It is one of things I missed from home while I was in the hospital the past 4 days.

I think my last post was about the laser procedure for my rosacea. Imagine my surprise when less than a week later I woke up at 3:30am on Thursday with a pain I can't describe in my lower left abdomen. Not waking anyone I made it down 4 small flights of stairs where I tried to self diagnose with Web MD. By the time hubby left for work I was counting down till the Dr. opened.

Once at the Dr. I could almost have kicked or slapped him when he pushed down on my left side. IT REALLY HURT! I really was thinking this was just a bad case of gas and he was going to kinda laugh at me for coming in. Nope was I ever wrong!  He then sent me across the street to the hospital - yes my town is that small. There I had a CT scan of my abdomen which revealed a severe case of diverticulitis. I was so infected and so swollen in my colon area that they admitted me on the spot. Do not pass go or collect $200.  I was not happy but was after the vicadin!

The next few days were no fun and I won't go into the gory details on this blog. For those of you who know me you can email me to ask. The one thing I will say is that Our Lady through the Hail Mary got me through Friday when I was having panic attacks from the anti-nausea medicine they gave me. I could not open my eyes and could hardly breathe!

Needless to say I am happy to be home even on a liquid diet with my favorite food TOAST!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrF_K1w2haE

Not hungry except in the morning. I have almost kicked my addiction to Diet Dew. So now I will be a one can a day girl and the rest will be water, water, water.

In 2-3 weeks I get the pleasure of a colonoscopy. My intestines/colon were so swollen the radiologist couldn't see anything but the swelling.

Aren't you all jealous????

5 comments:

  1. It's been a really long time since I heard Heywood sing! Glad you're doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you had to go through all that. I'm glad you are back home and feeling a bit better.

    Glad you still have a sense of humor - sometimes we just have to laugh or we'd cry.
    That song made me laugh - "Yeah Toast! "

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that's horrible! i pray you will be feeling your fiesty self in no time. prayers going your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look great! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look great! Hope only good things coming your way!

    ReplyDelete