It has now been 1 year and 2 days since I became unemployed and by default a stay-at-home-mom (SAHM).
What have I learned in the past year that I didn't know about me or this lifestyle?
- I do exist (quite well) without the "career label"
- Bored people are boring (my husband's once annoying saying)
- Staying home with a 3 year old is not all sunshine and ponies but worth every tantrum - even the 4-a-days
- I love to cook just about anything...but baking seems to be where the heart is
- God is the ultimate trip guide and I sense my trip has just begun
- I still love, love, love to read and my Nook is the bomb
- I can survive painting a room all by myself
- God has put some very special friends in my life
- At times I am my mother and she relishes those times she sees it
- I have become a better wife because of this time for me and self discovery
- I still have an abundance of work to do on myself with God's help and in God's time
- Another full-time, high stress and high travel job holds little interest for me now
- I look forward to the unknown

No comments:
Post a Comment