Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Here we go...hope I don't regret starting this!

My first blog post...hmmmm...

I should be eloquent, insightful, inspirational, logical and grammatically correct - but that isn't always me. LOL!

Most of you, that I'm sending this to, know me so tell me if this is annoying to you or not. Feel free to share it with other acquaintances of mine too.  For those who find this and don't know me - good!

I am a first time wife, step-mother, and mom who works full-time from home. I live in a small town in middle America. No mall, no chain restaurants unless Taco John's or Pizza Hut count. Not even a Target or Wal Mart within 60 miles!

How did I get here from the bustling metropolis I grew up in? LOVE is who put me here. What was she thinking? Take a city girl (with tomboy tendencies) and dump her in the middle of nowhere. Boy was the first year hard on me and especially on my hubby.

After 3 years and one move to an even smaller town here is what I like:

- I can run my errands in 45 minutes or less. (used to take hours in the city)

- The siren I hear is not for tornadoes (yet) but for the volunteer fire dept.

- People really are friendly.

- I like walking to Church.

- It is not bad stopping and chatting with all sorts of people in the grocery store.

- I don't wear makeup every day and don't care!

- Fast food now comes from my freezer and not high calorie places.
- I bake bread and make cake from scratch and really like doing it!

- I know some of my neighbors and like them.

- I don't waste a lot of money window shopping there are not many windows to shop!

- You get more house for your money.

- The neighborhood cat is loved not feared by all.


That's it for now. Maybe next time I'll tell you what I don't like - hopefully the list will be shorter. So until next time - BOOTS ON!

2 comments:

  1. This is Noel. Ha I posted on your blog first! I just got lucky b/c I was twinking with my droid phone. Anyways, I can understand the small town sentiment. We had a tough time adjusting, but now there are some things that we really like about NP. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, got an invite to read the blog and my neice just started at UNL and so as a "husker" i thought it was her!
    I too live in a small town, moved here 16 years ago from kc area. I agree with your comments. There are good and bad things to living in a small town.
    I started my blog 1 year ago...and just recently had a totally terrible thing happen....i sometimes would post one of my posts to fbook if i wanted to share, and the ones i want private do not share. I have 5 folowers, who are fellow friends/bloggers who got me going...and i do love to write. One word of caution tho.....set your privacy settings. Unbeknowst to me people I did not even know knew i even had a blog went on, emailed a blog I wrote defending a friend, and whoooooooooaaaa choas insued. So just be careful what you say, cause unless you block it the whole world can see.
    Ya I agree with your flying post too :)
    Perhaps we can become blog buddies as for some reason we were brought together. I will watch for your posts or comments. Have fun but be careful! c

    ReplyDelete